SOCIAL MEDIA

Pre-Con Gitters

Thursday, September 10, 2015
Hi dolls and guys!

It's been a week since I've began my blog (Happy Weekaversary?) and my mind has been bursting with things to post!

Before I go crazy posting many things (because I just knoooow you're dying to find out what is on my mind) I'm going to spend the weekend blogging, Instagraming, Tweeting, and Tumblr'ing about my first attendance ever to Alamo City Comic Con! That's right! I'll be losing my 'Con Virginity pretty soon (tomorrow actually!) and I'm very excited to attend! If I'm not mistaken, this is San Antonio's third year hosting Alamo City Comic Con, so I'm eager to see what all the 'Con fuss is about.



As much as I would like to dress up, I absolutely have no idea on who to dress up as! I figured since this is my first time at a 'Con in general, I play it safe and wear some traditional get up. My brother insisted we wear T-Shirts from Hot Topic with some comic book related superhero and a Star Wars shirt for the two day. If you know me, you know I would of preferred to dress up as Ariel (my favorite redhead) but since my brother refused for me to dress up as Ariel, you know I couldn't go extremely traditional. I decided to get myself to my nearest JoAnn's and buy myself some Marvel and Star Wars fabric (while using my handy-dandy 40% off newspaper coupon!) and made myself some simple circle skirts.

I don't have any pictures of them yet, but there will be once the day arrives. The first day, Friday, I'll be wearing my Star Wars skirt and the second day I'm planning on wearing my Marvel skirt. Although we got 3-Day passes (it was the same price as buying for two days), it looks like we'll only be attending Friday and Saturday.

Time to go offline. There still some sewing to do along with homework due over the weekend, because...you know....college.

Are you going to Alamo City Comic Con? Be on the lookout for this redhead! What do you do on the days leading up to any 'Con? Any recommendations or tips?

xo,
Elizabeth

1 comment :